INTRO TO MINDFULNESS &
THE PATH OF MEDITATION
WITH DAVID NICHTERN
Friday, June 23rd, 2023, 6:00pm – 8:00pm ET
Saturday, June 24th & Sunday, June 25th,
from 10:00am – 5:00pm ET
MEDITATION CAN BE A LIFE-CHANGING PRACTICE.
Mindfulness meditation is not just a means of calming down or becoming more productive. It is a practice that can open the door to genuinely life-changing insights and lead to a profound new way of relating to ourselves, others, and the world around us.
Join Senior Buddhist teacher David Nichtern from Friday, June 23rd – Sunday, June 25th, for this comprehensive and experiential exploration of mindfulness and the underlying Buddhist philosophies and path. Together we will explore these powerful teachings and learn to cultivate the insight, clarity, resilience, and freedom that has benefited so many.
Through talks, discussion, guided practice, breakout rooms, and experiential exercises, you will:
- Learn the fundamentals of mindfulness meditation practice
- Get an overview of the Buddhist path and stages of practice
- Develop your personal meditation practice and gain a direct and intimate understanding of mindfulness practice
- Build a strong foundation for sharing these practices with others
- What is Mindfulness? The History and Current Landscape
- Mindfulness Meditation Instruction, Philosophy, and Practice
- Somatic Awareness: Working with the Posture and Relating to the Body During Meditation
- The Difference Between Mindfulness and Awareness and How They Work Together
- Bringing Attention to the Present Moment without Bias or Judgment
- Letting Go of Fixations and Habitual Tendencies through Mindfulness Meditation Practice
- Working with Thoughts, Strong Emotions, and Relating to Our Sense Perceptions during Meditation.
- Cultivating Gentleness and Precision in Practice
- Introduction to Loving-Kindness / Maitri / Metta Meditation
- The Buddhist View on Impermanence, Causes and Conditions, and Absolute & Relative Bodhicitta
- An Examination of The Three Marks of Existence: Impermanence, Suffering, and Non-self and How they Relate to Our Practice
- Introduction to Awareness Meditation
- Understanding Spiritual By-Passing
- Working with Hot & Cool Boredom
- Introduction to Walking Meditation
- Overview of Other Meditation Traditions
- Facilitating Ongoing Study & Practice
This program also serves as the required first level of the Dharma Moon 100-Hour Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training.MORE INFO
ABOUT THE TEACHER
This program is led by renowned Buddhist teacher & CEO of Dharma Moon, David Nichtern, who brings over 40 years of meditation experience and expertise. David is a senior teacher in the lineage of Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche. This tradition combines a contemporary, secular approach to meditation with the ancient practices and philosophies of Tibetan Buddhism.
David is also a four-time Emmy winner and two-time Grammy nominee, and a successful entrepreneur. He is the author of Awakening From The Daydream; Re-imaging The Buddha’s Wheel of Life, and Creativity, Spirituality, and Making A Buck on Wisdom Publications.
We are here to help! If you have questions about the training, Dharma Moon, or financial arrangements, feel free to email us at [email protected].REGISTER NOW