BECOME A MEDITATION TEACHER
Join Dharma Moon’s renowned 100-hour online Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training, led by Senior Buddhist teacher, David Nichtern and Tibet House US.
Training consists of 5 weekend workshops (online via Zoom):
Level 1: March 11-13, 2022
Level 2: April 1-3, 2022
Level 3: April 22-24, 2022
Level 4: May 13-15, 2022
Level 5: June 3-5, 2022
Limited scholarships are available, please contact [email protected] for more information.
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
The training is aimed at those who wish to become more skillful in presenting mindfulness and anyone seeking to integrate teaching meditation into their existing modalities, such as:
- Social workers
- Yoga teachers
- Health care professionals
- Anyone looking to deepen their individual practice and study
WHAT WILL PARTICIPANTS RECEIVE?
This program will help you gain a more complete understanding of meditation and an overview of the stages of the Buddhist path. Participants will:
- Learn the foundations of Buddhist philosophy and practice
- Have the opportunity to lead mock teaching sessions in one-to-one and group settings, receiving constructive feedback from teachers and other trainees
- Learn how to relate clearly and precisely to the most frequently asked questions and difficulties from beginning students
- Build a supportive learning community with your fellow classmates
- Develop greater presence, balance, clarity, and insight by strengthening and stabilizing your own meditation practice
- A Dharma Moon & Tibet House Certificate of Completion to students who complete all requirements, make a satisfactory teaching presentation, and pass a written final/oral exam on the material covered
WHAT IS REQUIRED?
• Full participation of all levels of the training
• Mindfulness meditation practice for a minimum of 20 minutes per day, at least 5 days a week for the duration of the program and maintain a log of daily sessions
• Private 1:1 Mentoring Session with an Assistant Director
• Required readings:
The Wisdom of No Escape – Pema Chodron and manuals associated with each training level
• Completion of final written and oral exams
DAVID'S PAST MEDITATION TEACHER TRAINING STUDENTS HAVE GONE ON TO:
• Build careers teaching meditation workshops and classes all over the world
• Create a roster of recurring clients drawing from individual students, corporations, hospitals, yoga studios, prisons and schools
• Experience significant personal transformation and lead others to a more grounded, sane, and open hearted existence
This program in not just a teacher training course, it’s a journey of self-discovery, acceptance and gratitude.
- Eve Lewis, Director of Meditation and mindfulness teacher at Headspace and Dharma Moon Meditation Teacher Training Graduate
Level 1 - Intro to Mindfulness & The Path of Meditation
March 11th - 13th, 2022
Level 1 can be taken as a standalone course separate from the 100-hour teacher training, and serves as a comprehensive introduction to the foundational Buddhist meditation practices. The program is geared for people who are brand new to meditation as well as those looking to refresh their existing meditation practice.
• Learn the fundamentals of meditation practice
• Learn four foundational meditation practices: Mindfulness, Awareness, Contemplation, Loving Kindness
• Understand and experience the benefits of meditation
• Learn how to develop a personal meditation practice
• Get an overview of the Buddhist path and stages of practice
• Move toward helping others with their meditation practice and personal journey
NOT READY TO TAKE THE FULL TEACHER TRAINING?
Click the button below to join us for Level 1: Intro to Mindfulness & The Path of Meditation.
Level 2 - Guiding Groups
April 1st - 3rd, 2022
• Develop clarity and communication skills for presenting meditation to others in a group setting
• Discuss the role of the teacher
• Learn the sequence, principles & guidelines for giving mindfulness instruction
* Please Note: In order to attend Levels 2 through 5, you must complete Level 1. The levels must be taken sequentially.
Level 3 - Providing Personal Instruction
April 22nd - 24th, 2022
• Learn to present meditation to individual students in a 1:1 setting
• Learn core principles & skillful responses
• Receive & discuss ethical guidelines
Level 4 - How to Give a Dharma Talk
May 13th - 15th, 2022
• Learn the sequence, principles & guidelines for giving a dharma talk
• Understand the importance of developing the “view” and how to present it
• Learn how to integrate dharma principles with mindfulness meditation practice
Level 5 - Sealing the Practice & Closing Ceremony
June 3rd - 5th, 2022
• Review all course materials
• Understand and discuss teacher ethics
• Learn the business principles of teaching meditation
• Certificate ceremony and group celebration
ABOUT THE TEACHER
David Nichtern is a senior teacher in the lineage of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche. This tradition combines a contemporary, secular approach to meditation with the ancient practices and philosophies of Tibetan Buddhism.
David is also a four-time Emmy winner and two-time Grammy nominee, and a successful entrepreneur with over 40 years of experience integrating spiritual practice and everyday living.
He is the author of Awakening From The Daydream; Re-imaging The Buddha’s Wheel of Life and Creativity Spirituality and Making A Buck on Wisdom Publications.REGISTER NOW
JOIN THE DHARMA MOON EMAIL LIST
Add your info below to get news and special offers from the Dharma Moon team.