Student Agreement and Liability Waiver (for Live and Online Courses Provided by Dharma Moon / David Nichtern)
I hereby agree to the following:
1. I am participating in classes, series, workshops or retreats during which I will receive information and instruction about meditation. I understand that the practice of meditation may bring awareness to bodily sensations, thoughts, and feelings, including those that may feel familiar/comfortable and those that may feel unfamiliar/uncomfortable.
2. I understand that it is my personal responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in any physical fitness program, including meditation. I represent and warrant that I have no medical, psychological or physical conditions that would prevent my participation in physical fitness/meditation activities. If I experience pain or difficulty that is cause for concern during or after practicing the meditation exercises, I understand that I should stop immediately and consult my healthcare provider before continuing on with the meditation exercises. I recognize that I may also choose to do physical movement, such as sitting, standing and walking meditation. I represent and warrant that I will make the instructor aware of any medical conditions or physical limitations before class. If I am pregnant, become pregnant or I am post- natal or post-surgical, my signature below verifies that I have my physician’s approval to participate.
3. In consideration of being permitted to participate in the meditation classes, series, workshops and retreats, whether in-person or online, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known and unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating. I knowingly, voluntarily, and expressly waive any claim I may have against Dharma Moon, David Nichtern and any of their owners, instructors, representatives, agents, staff, employees and independent contractors, for injuries or damages that I may sustain as a result of participating in classes, series or retreats, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
4. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. In attending in- person classes, series or retreats, I voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
5. I am aware that my image may be included in photographs/videos taken at a class, series, workshop or retreat that may be used on your websites, online presentations and associated social media sites, and hereby give permission for my image to be used for education and promotion purposes.
6. I agree not to forward, share, copy or reproduce any intellectual property, product or technology loaned to me as part of my participation in any class, series, training, workshop or retreat or to use it for any other purpose than for my participation in such contexts.
7. I agree to receive emails and updates about the course I am signing up for.
8. REFUND POLICY: No refunds will be issued after your program has begun. Registration and tuition numbers dictate how we prepare for and staff our programs.
In cases of unforeseen extenuating circumstances, such as a death in the family or severe medical issues, exceptions may be made however, the refund will be prorated according to attendance.
Cancellations for any program must be made at least one week prior to the beginning of the first class. A $20 service charge (and all program supply fees) will be deducted from the amount of the refund.
Participants will receive a full refund or credit if Dharma Moon cancels a program. Program tuition is non-transferable.
I have read the above release and waiver of liability and fully understand its contents. I voluntarily agree to the participation in the meditation classes, series, workshops and retreats and to the terms and conditions stated above by clicking “I have read and agree to the terms and conditions of this page.”